Our aim is to ensure that you have a positive and enjoyable experience throughout your time in Membership with the Latvian Chamber of Commerce for the United Kingdom (“the Chamber”). We also hope you will benefit fully from all available services and opportunities we offer. The following terms and conditions therefore are intended to be as simple as possible.
- Membership is open to companies and other organisations regardless of their location. Members do not have to have a base in the United Kingdom in order to become a Member.
- The Chamber Membership is a business entitlement rather than a personal one. All employees of the Member are therefore entitled to access Chamber benefits and services when working on behalf of their Member employer subject to specific terms and conditions which may apply.
- Membership in the first year is valid for 12 months from when the payment is received by the Chamber.
- Membership is for a minimum period of 12 months. Members will automatically be invoiced for the next membership period as each 12 month term expires.
- The Chamber regularly communicates with Members by email, post and telephone. We aim to only approach our Members with information which we believe could be of interest to them. This is an integral part of the Membership and by entering into Membership you agree to be contacted by the Chamber. The regular communication can be terminated at the Member’s request at any time.
- From time to time Members may be contacted by the Chamber’s carefully selected partners in order to make them aware of certain membership benefits.
- Members are entitled and encouraged to take advantage of the various opportunities the Chamber offers but there is never any obligation or pressure to use any of the services provided by the Chamber or its partners. Any agreement between the Member and the Chamber’s partners are strictly between the two parties, and are not the responsibility of the Chamber.
- The Chamber Membership benefits are subject to change without notice and are subject to terms and conditions available from the Chamber.
- The Chamber Membership fee is non-refundable and Membership is non-transferable.
- As soon as payment is processed, your membership and all its services are instantly considered ‘active’.
- Single Membership entitles the Member to one standard entry in the Directory of Members (as published in the Chamber Diary and on the Chamber’s website), all under one company name. Similarly only one company name can be used for any other Chamber publications.
- Membership fees are based on the chosen membership type. The Chamber may consider applications for a higher category of membership in individual cases.
- The Membership is subject to Chamber Board approval and the Chamber reserves a right to refuse Membership without disclosing any reason.
- Membership is subject to the provisions of the Articles of Association of the Chamber (available on request) and in the event of a conflict between these terms and conditions and the Articles of Association, the Articles shall prevail.
- The Chamber shall have no liability for any losses suffered by a Member as a result of using services offered by a fellow Member. The Chamber shall have no responsibility for advice given or services provided by its third party service providers even though such providers may have been introduced to the Member by the Chamber.
Right to Cancel / Refund Policy
- By signing this form you are entering into a legal agreement to join the Chamber. You may cancel the agreement by giving the Chamber a written notice within 14 days of the date of the agreement.
- After this time has passed you will be bound by Article 13 of the Chamber’s Articles of Association which states: “A Member may terminate membership by giving notice in writing at least three months before the day when his subscription shall next be due. If no such notice is received the Member shall be liable for the subscription for the ensuing year which shall be a debt due to and legally recoverable by the Chamber.”
- In the event of your membership being resigned in accordance with Article 13 outlined above, you agree that all stationery displaying the Latvian Chamber of Commerce for the United Kingdom logo must be destroyed. Also, access to the Chamber’s Legal Advice Line Service will be terminated and any advice sought after this date will be charged accordingly.
By signing our membership form you are agreeing to the above terms and conditions. You acknowledge that you have completed the form to the best of your ability and confirm that the information supplied is accurate at the date of completion. You also confirm that you have the authority to complete and sign this agreement for corporate membership of the Latvian Chamber of Commerce for the United Kingdom.